I love pies.
About every kind, but pecan pie is up there!
I probably didn't start liking it til a few years ago, & I don't know why I even didn't try it!
But now pecan pie tastes like the holidays to me!

I always get told that my pecan pie has juuuuust the right about of sweet!
& always get asked how, & I am going to tell you my not-so-secret secret to the perfectly sweet pecan pie!

First you are going to need to chop up your pecans. I always buy them pre chopped but it just isn't enough for me. So I either use a chopper or I put them in a bag & crush them with my rolling pin!

Pour the pecans right into the bottom of crust, then spread them around.


Set that aside & to start that syrupy filling mixture!
You want to mix the granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, and here is my magic weapon: DARK corn syrup. I've made it with light, and its good but the dark makes it perfect & I have never not gotten asked what I did different! Ok,ok back to mixing after the syrup add your salted butter, vanilla & beaten eggs.

After that is all mixed.
You want to pour the mixture ontop of the pecans.
You should get a few groopy bubbles.
& your pecans will start to rise, so don't worry like I did! That's a good sign!
Next if you want to do something fun on top; I normally do little star of full pecans, you want to push them down a little where you want them so they get covered in the syrupy mixture!

Somehow I missed taking a picture of this. 

Then you want to bake the pie for 40 mins. You could foil it but my filling always gets stuck to the top, as well as my pie saver. Luckily at such a low temp your crust shouldn't burn!
Your pie shouldn't be jiggly when you go to get it out, if it is put it back in for 10 mins!

Let your pie cool for a few hours, or overnight your really want that mixture to set!
kl/

What you will need:
1 cup grandulated sugar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup salted butter, melted
1 cup dark corn syrup

1 heaping cup of chopped pecans